Voice of Young India

Please Register to Read and Post Messages...

Become active member of the Indian Forum...

And make India a better place to Live...
Voice of Young India

Please Register to Read and Post Messages...

Become active member of the Indian Forum...

And make India a better place to Live...
Voice of Young India
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniting Indians throughout World...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PARENTING 4 year-old kids and seeking effective ways to discipline 4 year-old behavior

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brainstem

PARENTING 4 year-old kids and seeking effective ways to discipline 4 year-old behavior Empty
PostSubject: PARENTING 4 year-old kids and seeking effective ways to discipline 4 year-old behavior   PARENTING 4 year-old kids and seeking effective ways to discipline 4 year-old behavior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:15 am

Unacceptable four year-old behavior with four year-old tantrums can be a nightmare. Here are some solutions for desperate parents.
PARENTING 4 year-old kids and seeking effective ways to discipline 4 year-old behavior Lens7223382_1254987142kidyell
What can be done to curb unacceptable four year-old bad behavior? Defiance. Tantrums. Misbehavior. Hyperactivity. This is what I'm observing as a grand-parent of a four year-old ... for the second time!

I have been so concerned at what I'm observing and so impressed by the need to understand how to raise my four year-old grand daughter - and the responsibility we have to care for this sensitive growing mind - that I've put together this lens to offer some help to others (as well as learn more for myself).

Here's a tip: have you tried vitamin B? You should be able to get a vitamin B for children at your local pharmacy.

The problem may not be the child - food preservatives, colorings and flavorings could be to blame. Buy fresh preservative-free bread, cakes and cookies with no artificial colorings or flavorings and read labels on packaged food. My daughter uses 'The New Additive Code Breaker' as her constant shopping reference - with dramatic results (see link to book below).

For the price of a guide book and some discipline in what you buy for your child, reading the labels on packaged foods and asking the local bakery whether they use additives, it's definitely worth a try.
Food for thought from psychologist James Hillman
"In regard to children and their psychology, I want the scales of habit (and the masked hatred within the habit) to fall from our eyes. I want us to envision that what children go through has to do with finding a place in the world for their specific calling. They are trying to live two lives at once, the one they were born with and the one of the place and among the people they were born into. The entire image of a destiny is packed into a tiny acorn [what Hillman calls his Acorn Theory], the seed of a huge oak on small shoulders. And its call rings loud and persistent and is as demanding as any scolding voice from the surroundings. The call shows in the tantrums and obstinacies, in the shyness and retreats, that seem to set the child against our world but that may be protections of the world it comes with and comes from."

'THE SOUL'S CODE' by James Hillman
Are food additives the cause of your child's behavior problems?
I discovered that I too have been affected by certain foods!
Our food supply is laced with chemical additives: preservatives, conditioners, colorants, flavor enhancers, stabilizers. Fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics, and growth hormones are added to our food, sprayed on our fruits and vegetables or fed to our chickens, cattle and pigs before they are slaughtered for meat.

And the meat itself is washed in caustic substances to kill salmonella and other nasty bugs introduced in the processing stages then laced with artificial dyes to make it look pretty.

Many of these dangerous chemicals leave damaging residues that lodge in our bodies every time we eat.

Harvey Diamond, best selling health writer of all time, author of Fit for Life, one of the top 25 best-selling books in history, stated:

"If ever there was a single book anyone interested in his or her health and well-being should read without fail, this is it!"

In 178 information-packed pages The Self Health Revolution contains all the information you need to create the self health you need to shrug off sickness and disease like water off a duck's back.

This complete guide to health and wellbeing for you and your whole family will take you to maximum wholesome health in easy to follow, baby steps. You'll see there's no radical changes to your lifestyle or daily routine necessary.

Nurturing creative children
Turn your child around today! Tap their creativity. Some day they will thank you!
Every child is a creative being. The challenge we have as parents, teachers and caregivers is to tap that creativity and maximize a child's potential.

This is no small responsibility. The closer we come to nurturing that creativity in our children the greater the potential for raising a global network of happy adults.

Once children reach the age where they are launched into the world via public education they are suddenly burdened with the pressure to succeed.

Parents and teachers alike turn their focus on getting good grades rather than succeeding as a human being. This focus on academic excellence is extremely damaging to children.

Of course, academics are important. But not important enough to bring tremendous pressure to bear on our children. Especially when the cost affects the goal of happy, well-rounded kids.

Parents would never intentionally apply harmful behaviors upon their children. Usually the parent is following the mold begun by his or her own parents, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Is academic success the most important element to a child's development? Or, is it better to expose children to an environment where children are allowed to play and explore the world around them?

How can you introduce the element of creativity to your child-rearing process? Glad you asked. "Nurturing Creative Children" is the perfect guide to helping you identify and develop creativity in your child.
Back to top Go down

PARENTING 4 year-old kids and seeking effective ways to discipline 4 year-old behavior
Page 1 of 1