Voice of Young India

Please Register to Read and Post Messages...

Become active member of the Indian Forum...

And make India a better place to Live...
Voice of Young India

Please Register to Read and Post Messages...

Become active member of the Indian Forum...

And make India a better place to Live...
Voice of Young India
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniting Indians throughout World...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do girls think anorexia is attractive?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Why do girls think anorexia is attractive? Empty
PostSubject: Why do girls think anorexia is attractive?   Why do girls think anorexia is attractive? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:09 am

Why do girls think anorexia is attractive? F86440a7892fac6af21d2c9b4252b21536478790
Guys like curves, not straight lines!

edit: read comments before jumping to the conclusion that I am being ignorant to the seriousness of anorexia as a mental disorder or intentionally picking on the naturally skinny. this is meant to empower the girls who are meant to be curvy and are constantly told that they are not attractive because they are not size zero. this is a rebellion against the media glorified image of the ideal women being stick thin, while only a small percentage can do this healthily. healthy is beautiful, regardless what weight that is for you

I was thinking about weight yesterday at my district meet and how so many girls starve themselves and obsess over becoming super skinny. At this meet, I would go up to complete strangers and ask them how much they weigh. Not a single one seemed embarrassed or shy. In fact, the lighter ones seemed to be a little ashamed. In a sport meant for those with muscle, being a stick makes you stick out. I sat there, watching girls of all weights wrestle and I came to some interesting conclusions.

- The girls who were at the low weight and had very little fat on them looked really awkward. Away from strategically planned clothing, super skinny girls really are not all that attractive to look at. The shorter ones in the small weight classes are worth a second glance, but the tall ones look sick or just plain gawky. Bones sticking out is not overly sexy, I fail to see the appeal. Many girls think the fragile look should be a goal, so I guess I think like a guy. I don't think I would be all that attractive if I starved myself.

- None of the guys were interested in these matches, the thrill of a girl who looks breakable is not great. Yet, the second some of the high fifties and sixties (125 to 150lbs) took the mat, the guys paid attention. Contrary to popular belief, skinny isn’t always better. The healthiness and curves on some of the mid-weight wrestlers are amazing.

- No-one wants to wrestle the breakable type, neither do most guys want to fuck them. (So I hear from some of the guys, being one of the few girls on my team.) What fun is someone you’re scared to hurt or that you have to be gentle with?

- Confidence. Why would I trade my self-esteem to be a stick? I’ve been there, in that hole of despair and self hate, I never want to go back. Sure, I might not be skinny, but I like who I am. I know what I can do with my body, I’ve learned to love it. Nothing makes me feel sexier than standing infront a crowd in spandex and kicking ass.

- Singlets are made for muscular males and curvy females. Skinny boys and girls look silly.

- It would suck to have to work around an extreme diet to go out for dinner with friends. While I do admit to be highly concious of my weight, it is only to get into the correct weight class. If my natural weight happened to change, I would simply move up or down a class. Then, I eat whatever I want after weigh-ins. Food has never tasted as good as after carefully watching intake all day. After making weight and before the tournament starts, there tends to be celebration. Junk food and festivities, the kind of thing it would suck to miss out on.

- I have no fear about my weight. It’s just a number. I weigh 115lbs and I wrestle in the 54kg weight class. I’m five feet tall and I’m not skinny nor fat, I’m just me.

- I could beat up most of the girls at my school, despite being short.

I pity people who believe dropping grand amounts of weight will make them attractive. While this is not meant to target out and mock those who have serious disorders, it is something that I think people should think about. Most anorexic girls are not sexy in the slightest. Starving yourself will make you lose the good qualities as well as the bad. (You’ll eventually lose your boobs/ass) Sure, if it’s a health thing and you’re overweight, dieting is a good thing. But, if you have a healthy BMI, you should really focus all that effort into learning to like yourself instead of counting calories. It takes too much energy to be negative. Call me cliche, but I think strong, healthy and confident women are the most attractive.

I like my body.

Bones or curves?

Do you like your body?

Are girls too hard on themselves?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://indianforum.forumotion.net

Why do girls think anorexia is attractive?
Page 1 of 1